Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sinfully Yummy

Foodie Tuesday!

We hosted a party at our new place this past weekend and I decided to make cupcakes. Not just any cupcakes though, Gluten-Free cupcakes. Now, I like to consider myself an amazing baker. Like, I'm actually pretty darn good. But ever since I was diagnosed with a major gluten allergy last year, gluten-free is my only option now. *serious sad face*

Luckily Betty Crocker makes a delicious cake mix (here). I slightly alter the recipe's instructions and they're a hit!

By using only half the amount of vanilla extract and adding almond extract for the other half, the difference in taste is incredible. I also use a small amount of applesauce in place of half the water and eggs (to moisten the cake up). Makes a huge difference with gluten-free.
Note: I rarely ever measure anything out when I bake, I pretty much just eyeball everything. Bad habit? Or good?


I added a small amount of blue dye to my vanilla frosting and topped them off with gold sugar sprinkles. Easy, easy and they come out looking gorgeous!

Anyone have any yummy gluten-free recipes or tips & tricks?

No comments:

Post a Comment