Sunday, March 23, 2014

Ellinger Baking Institute - Wedding Cake Tasting

This past weekend the fiance and I drove out to the North Shore of Long Island to go wedding cake tasting. Our venue is affiliated with Robert Ellinger's Ellinger Baking Institute located in Port Washington. It was a balmy 63 degrees on Saturday so the drive was gorgeous.
Right off of Main Street sits the cute Ellinger Baking Institute where they hold classes and parties. We met with Robert, the owner, a really nice man who took us through our tasting process. With my allergy, he even had a separate gluten free tasting for me. Awesome. The fiance got to try three different cake types and basically devoured all three of them. Good sign. He ultimately settled on Red Velvet, so I hope our guest like red velvet cake... but, who doesn't, right? My cake was a rich but light, flourless chocolate cake which had to be the best gluten free cake I've ever tried. Honestly. The top tier of our wedding cake will be gluten free and frosted to match the rest of the cake. My sister-in-law and I are both gluten free, so at least I'm not the only one.

Here we are taking "selfies" in the car on the way to the baking institute. A Saturday full of sun makes for a great ride on the north shore.

Laura and Corey - Cake Tasting

As taken from Ellinger Baking Institute's Facebook page, here is Robert in front of his baking institute's store front. Robert was such a nice, honest, and funny man. I'm excited to be working with him for our wedding and definitely recommend him to anyone out here on Long Island. He was full of great information and funny stories about his business. He made the cake tasting experience even better!

Ellinger Baking Institute - Port Washington

Click the photo below to visit Ellinger Baking Institute's site. Learn all about their classes and their parties. I so want to take a class or maybe throw a party with the girls. I'm all about baking, so this is totally up my alley.

Photo sources: 1 & 2

No comments:

Post a Comment